Connecting | Learning | Leading
GAHE Job Search Resources for Students
Job Search for Students Webinar Series with Larry Tyler, FACHE, FHFMA, CMPE
J. Larry Tyler, FACHE, FHFMA, CMPE
Chairman and CEO, Practical Governance Group
Master Career Coach for Senior Players, Wiederhold & Associates
Chairman Emeritus, Tyler & Company
J Larry Tyler, FACHE, FHFMA, CMPE has enjoyed a 40-year career in healthcare. Larry is a graduate of Georgia Institute of Technology with an undergraduate in management and from Georgia State University with a Master of Professional Accountancy degree. He was an auditor with Price Waterhouse & Co., a CPA and CFO for two different companies before he started Tyler & Company, a healthcare executive search firm in 1978. Over the next four decades, he became an accomplished writer, lecturer, and consultant in the career development space.
After selling Tyler & Company in 2013 and transitioning over the next two years, Larry has been involved in healthcare governance education through the Practical Governance Group and working with Wiederhold and Associates as Master Career Coach for Senior Players.
- Member Price: $50.40
- Non Member Price: $72.00
Thirty plus years of retained executive search at the C-level and more than 3500 personal interviews have given J. Larry Tyler a unique perspective on how to change jobs in healthcare. This fourth edition of Tyler’s Guide takes you from the beginning to the end of the job change process.
Resume preparation, cover letters, networking, and interviews are handled in depth. Tyler intersperses his commentary with real-life examples of executives who have followed his advice and advanced their careers. This edition has been updated with current practices and trends that will advance the reader to the front of the line in the competitive employment marketplace.
- Making the transition from the military
- Breaking through the glass ceiling
- Moving beyond racial barriers
- Charting a new course as a physician executive
- Maintaining sources of support
Other GAHE Job Search Resources for Student Associate Members
GAHE offers many opportunities for students to stay connected with other Members:
- Bi-monthly GAHE newsletter helps you to stay informed about local opportunities to
connect, learn, and lead.
- Use the ACHE Member Directory to search for Members by location, areas of expertise or special interest areas.
In addition to networking opportunities with GAHE members as well as local education opportunities, Student Associates have access to all that ACHE offers nationally to students seeking careers in the healthcare profession. There are a wide range of services to help you launch a successful career in healthcare management:
- Directory of Postgraduate Administrative Fellowships
- Healthcare Executive Career Resource Center
- ACHE Employment Service: Job Bank and Resume Bank
- ACHE Diversity Internship
- Stuart A. Wesbury Jr. Postgraduate Fellowship
- Richard J. Stull Student Essay Competition in Healthcare Management – Winning entries will each receive $3,000 and the second and third place entries will receive $2,000 and $1,000 awards, respectively.
Publications and Newsletters
Student Associates receive complimentary subscriptions to ACHE’s top-notch publications and e-mail newsletters including:
As a benefit of membership Student Associates have access to ACHE’s premier educational programs:
Student Associates are eligible for several different types of financial assistance:
- Scholarships –each scholarship is worth $5,000 and between the two, up to 20 are awarded each year.
- Reduced Dues –Student Associate dues are subsidized by full dues paying Members allowing students to pay lower dues.
Other Online Resources
- Check out the GAHE LinkedIn page
- Attend as many ACHE & GAHE events as possible. This will allow for increased exposure via networking and learn about micro and macro trends in the industry.
- Attending ACHE’s Annual Conference, Congress, has been valuable to many students. Plan ahead and make plans to attend Congress 2018.Trust us, it will be well worth your time!
About Student Associate Membership
If you are enrolled in a health services administration or related administrative program, you may be eligible for a discount on your dues as a Student Associate member of ACHE and GAHE. Find answers to your most pressing career questions —and gain a competitive edge —through GAHE’s resources.